Featured NewsVIEW ALL
Why are we changing from eConsult?
We are required to operate a 'Digital First' system, in line with NHS policy. Most of the Farnham GP’s have chosen to change from eConsult to PATCHS. Wide public consultation and patient representation informed a detailed NHS procurement process, looking at several different systems and ending with the shortlist from which PATCHS was chosen. Having listened to many patient comments over the past couple of years, we hope the new system will be easier and quicker for our patients. The feedback on PATCHS from other Practices is very positive, with patients finding it more user friendly and easier than the systems previously in use with less unnecessary questions.
Contacting using PATCHS instead of by telephone has a number of advantages for you including:
* You can use a smart phone, tablet or computer to access PATCHS.
* Getting help quicker from a Clinician.
* Saves you from having to use the phone to wait to speak to a receptionist – there’s never a queue online.
* Ability to submit non clinical admin requests any time day or night although we can only respond during our usual opening hours.
* Doing everything on there; prescriptions, consultations, sick notes, etc. Though you shouldn’t use it for emergencies.
* Submitting requests on behalf of someone you care for.
* By sending your request online you will also not need to have to explain your problem to our reception team on the phone.
* If the doctor or nurse decides you need an appointment, we will arrange this or provide a link for you to choose an appointment time convenient for you.
Using PATCHS also has advantages for us including:
* Seeing what your request is up front in writing helps us plan our work better.
* Freeing up the telephone for people that cannot use PATCHS e.g. those with emergency problems or if they cannot physically use the internet.
* Helping us save face-to-face and telephone appointments for patients that really need them.
The service will be accessible from our website and via the NHS app. You will be able to create an account for PATCHS via our website to access the service – keeping your requests in one place. This will save you time by not having to complete your personal and contact information each time you submit a request. You will also have the ability to complete a PATCH request for someone you care for from within your own account.
We'll reply within 3 working days at the latest, though usually much quicker. To cope with current high demand and whilst we transition to PATCHS, the opening hours for routine clinical requests will remain as Monday-Thursday 1830-2000. Non clinical admin requests can be made Monday-Friday, at any time. Please note this route cannot be used for clinical requests – but for administration requests or queries such as fit notes or general admin requests.
We ask that all URGENT requests are made by phoning the practice on 01252 730100.
If you are contacting us regarding your child, please use the Healthier Together app before contacting us via the phone – following the triage process via the app provides you the parent/guardian with signposting information, or if deemed that it necessary to contact the GP, allows you to complete a request that comes direct to us during our opening hours. If out of hours it will direct you to another available service.
Please visit the PATCHS website for further information
Link for video on Youtube about PATCHS
COVID Spring Booster Campaign
Spring Booster Campaign
You will be offered a spring booster if you:
- are aged 75 and over (as of 30th June 2023)
- live in a care home for older people
- are housebound and over 75
- are immunosuppressed and aged 5 years or over
COVID-19 may affect you more seriously if you are in one of these groups. The spring booster is being offered to help reduce your risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19.
We will be sending SMS invites to all eligible patients with mobile telephone numbers on their record, and are working our way through those that don't. As we use text messages as the main form of contact for the COVID vaccination programme, please ensure we have your up to date mobile telephone number. You can update this by going to the Reception Enquiries page of our website, and Update Personal Information.
You can get help with a wide variety of clinical and administrative requests through our website without the need to call or visit the practice.
We strongly encourage our patients to use online services where possible. This helps us to operate more efficiently and deliver a better service to our patients.